About Our Team
Blue Lake Vets, located in the heart of Mount Gambier, is solely a small animal clinic servicing dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, birds, marsupials and reptiles. The clinic is locally owned and the team of vets bring a vast range of knowledge to the consulting room; the clinic prides itself on providing a complete service.
Blue Lake Vets take patient welfare and care as paramount to good service. Our highly equipped clinic has many diagnostic tools which can be utilised by our team of vets to provide a complete treatment the moment your pet walks through the door. The clinic is open Monday to Friday for consultations and surgery and on Saturday mornings for consultation. The clinic also offers an out of hours service 365 days of the year. Please call the clinic at any time in case of an emergency.
What Pet Owners Say
"Nurturing & Caring"
"Go That Extra Mile"
"The staff are lovely, nurturing and caring"
“All staff are very friendly and willing to go that extra mile to help with the care of your fur babies”
“All the staff at Blue Lake Vets were so professional, caring and supportive”
Updated 18th November 2020
ONLY ONE PERSON TO ACCOMPANY THE ANIMAL INTO THE CLINIC TO AID WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING
BEFORE ENTERING THE CLINIC PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING AND CALL THE CLINIC ON 08 8723 9111 BEFORE ENTERING IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS OR CLARIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
BLUE LAKE VET CLINIC REMAINS OPEN AS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE
After today's news of a 6 day lockdown beginning in South Australia from midnight tonight, Veterinary Clinics have been announced as an essential service and can remain open. There will be some changes in place outlined below:
- The waiting room has been closed again - please wait in the car and call the clinic on arrival
- Please be mindful that tomorrow the temperature is predicted well above 30 degrees. Please wait in the car with your air conditioning to protect yourselves and your pets from heat distress. Please call the clinic when we open if you would like to reschedule your appointment
- Only ONE person per visit will be allowed into the clinic and MASKS are mandatory
- The clinic is unable to provide masks, if you do not have one we will collect your pet from the car and run the consult over the phone
- If you do not feel comfortable coming into the clinic we are happy to run a distance consult. Let the receptionist know on the phone and one of the nurses will collect your pet. The consult will then be run on the phone with the veterinarian.
- You are still able to collect food and prescription medications from the clinic. PLEASE CALL AND ORDER FOOD or MEDICATION so that it can be ready for your collection and prevent delays.
We will continue to update you as soon as we hear of any changes. We are here to keep your pets happy and healthy and support you in whatever way we can. Stay Home, Stay Safe!
Can my pet get Covid-19?
There have been some isolated cases of pets that have swabbed positive for the virus, the risk however is very low.
Will Covid-19 impact our clinic ours?
Our operating hours will remain the same. If the virus impacts our staff we will then have to consider opening hours. We will endeavour to let clients know in advance.
How are we keeping the clinic sanitary?
Our staff are making sure to disinfect and clean all surfaces within the clinic regularly throughout the day. Our staff practice aseptic techniques already and will continue to do so to the highest standard.
We ask our valued clients to please follow our protocols to keep everyone safe - they are outlined below:
Let's all do our bit to help stop the spread. If you require further information please call the clinic on 08 8723 9111.